Lozenges & Medication Sticks: Labs
Jacquelyn Hyde, MD Rx# 61111 123 Upendown Rd. Nowhere, NC 27000 Phone: 555-1234 DEA# AH0079411 Name: Pat Annsir Date: Today Address: 123 Della Street Phone: 555-5678 Rx Acetaminophen 150 mg Mft. Troche # 24 Sig: Dissolve one in mouth every 4 hours. Refills: 1 Product selection permitted Dispense as written
To make 24 lozenges:
|Silica Gel||240 mg|
|PEG 1450||28 gm|
** Flavoring: concentrate, 30 drops; oil, 10 drops
- Melt PEG on a steam bath (about 50°C).
- Mix the powders by geometic dilution and trituration.
- Sieve the powders through a 40 mesh screen into the melted PEG.
- Disperse the powders in the PEG with stirring. Remove from the heat.
- Let cool with constant stirring. Add flavoring.
- When mixture is very slightly warm to the back of the hand, pour into mold starting at the B2 position. Overfill the mold enough to cover the partitions between the wells. Spread the mixture with a warm spatula. Turn the spatula on it’s side and move over the mold back-and-forth ONE TIME. Don’t touch the spatula to the mold.
- “Polish” the cooled mixture in the mold with a hair dryer.
- Put wax paper over the lozenges, and close the cover. Disperse in a mold packet.