Common Dispensing Errors
- Understand how non-human patients may be more prone to medication and dispensing errors compared to human patients.
- Recognize types of errors that could occur when dispensing medications for non-human patients.
- Recall specific medications as common culprits of veterinary dispensing errors.
- Utilize strategies to reduce the risk of medication and dispensing errors specifically for non-human patients.
- Identify appropriate veterinary drug resources and utilize effectively to avoid veterinary dispensing errors.
Emily Sorah, PharmD, DICVP, FSVHP, FACVP
Dr. Emily Sorah received her Doctor of Pharmacy degree from East Tennessee State University Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy in 2014 and completed the Clinical Veterinary Pharmacy Residency program at NC State College of Veterinary Medicine in 2015. Dr. Sorah now serves as Director of Clinical Pharmacy Services at NC State College of Veterinary Medicine. She is an adjunct professor, teaching Veterinary Pharmacology at Campbell University School of Pharmacy and UNC Eshelman School of Pharmacy. Dr. Sorah is a current Fellow of the American College of Veterinary Pharmacists, Fellow and President-Elect of the Society of Veterinary Hospital Pharmacists and a Diplomate of the International College of Veterinary Pharmacists.