Upon completion of this exercise, you should be able to:
- Define and describe the physical characteristics of pharmaceutical
- Define flocculation and aggregation.
- Identify a stable (flocculated) suspension, by visual inspection or
by verbal description of its appearance and physical characteristics.
- Describe the effect of viscosity on the sedimentation rate of suspensions.
- Identify/describe the role of formulation aids in the preparation of suspensions.
(e.g., electrolytes, viscosity enhancers).
- Characterize the desired rheological behavior of suspensions.
- Prepare, label, and dispense a suspension.