Upon completion of this exercise, you should be able to:
- Define, give an example of, and/or classify examples of each of the
following: Pharmaceutical Solution, Solute, Solvent, Saturated Solution,
Supersaturated Solution, Macromolecular Solution, Syrups, Aromatic Waters,
Mucilages, Aqueous Acids.
- State at least six (6) pharmaceutical uses or applications of solutions.
- Identify commonly used pharmaceutical solvents.
- Identify at least three (3) necessary criteria of pharmaceutical solvents.
- Make necessary calculations for, prepare, label, and dispense pharmaceutical
- Define simple syrups, flavoring syrups, medicinal syrups, syrup USP,
- List three (3) methods of preparing syrups.
- Describe and demonstrate how to prepare a syrup by the "agitation with
- Describe alternative formulations for "syrups" prepared with
non-sugar sweeteners and state their advantages and limitations.
- Make necessary calculations and describe how to preserve a syrup using