Upon completion of this exercise, you should be able to:
- Prepare a parenteral radioactive drug using appropriate safety and aseptic techniques.
- Perform quality control tests to assure a product of acceptable purity for human use.
- Dispense patient doses of Tc-99m Sulfur Colloid applying appropriate radioactive decay calculations.
- Define radioactivity, radiation, radionuclide, radiopharmaceuticals, and radiochemical purity.
- Identify the USP requirements for the Tc-99m Sulfur Colloid product.