Upon completion of this exercise, you should be able to:
- Describe the rationale and techniques involved in accelerated stability
testing. Explain how data at elevated temperatures is related to stability
of the product at room temperature.
- Differentiate between zero, first, and second order reactions and reactions
- Given drug degradation data for a compound, and the first order rate
equation, construct an Arrhenius plot and determine:
- the activation energy for the degradation reaction.
- the first order rate constant for the degradation reaction at 25°C.
- an appropriate shelf-life for the product (usually T90