Upon completion of this exercise, you should be able to:
- Define colloidal dispersions, Tyndall effect, and Brownian
- Differentiate between lyophilic and lyophobic colloids
and identify examples of each.
- Describe the microscopic and macroscopic properties of
- Identify protective colloids and describe their effect
on the formulation and stability of lyophobic colloids.
- Identify formulation ingredients which may contribute to
- Describe how to stabilize a lyophobic colloid against metal
ion induced co-precipitation.
- Prepare a stable colloidal dispersion.